Shopping Cart is empty.
From the experts
By Paul Slegers | Aug 5, 2018
Crafted by Infinity Diamonds have no undisclosed haze or over-fluorescence. No microscopic brown or green tint. No strain or durability issues. No exceptions. No outliers. This begins in our offices, selecting starting material with complete commitment to protecting clients and ensuring future value.
We regularly inform our dealers about how we are rejecting hundreds of starting crystals for every diamond we craft. And while the results are seen and appreciated, the abundance of diamonds they'll never see is something of an abstraction, just stated as "hundreds rejected."
So to elaborate on this statement, I recorded last week’s selection-process of crystals worth seeing, in order to go into production:
From one of our most regular, big suppliers, I got a list, containing 3660 prospective starting stones.
- Taking out all fluorescence, medium or higher, the 3660 were reduced to 2583.
- Taking out deep crystals other producers could outbid us on to sell as heavier EX stones the 2583 were reduced to 471.
- Checking out specific inventory-holes we need to fill right now, the 471 were reduced to 133.
- Taking out candidates we had already brought in and rejected before, the 133 were reduced to 48.
- My colleague and I examined those 48 candidates, refusing any with underlying transparency or durability issues, others that would not be eye-clean and several that were over-graded by their owners.
At the end of the process I purchased two starting crystals to go forward as possible Crafted by Infinity diamonds.
I thought you might find it interesting to see how 3,660 becomes reduced to 2.
Paul Slegers is the Founder and Managing Director of Crafted by Infinity diamonds. After obtaining a degree in Commercial Engineering he began working in the Antwerp diamond industry in 1989. In his original capacity as the COO of a DeBeers' sightholder, Mr. Slegers specialized in the manufacturing and trading of both rough and polished diamonds. Later, as COO of Adri Diamond Tools, a market leader in modern diamond-cutting equipment, he expanded his experience by innovating technical cutting solutions for mass-manufacturers in the Far East as well as niche-quality manufacturers in Antwerp. This unique combination of experiences led to the establishment of Crafted by Infinity; where his knowledge, experience and passion have come together.